SoftBiopsy®-V for Veterinary
SoftBiopsy®-V is the simple single-use, sterile and gentle approach to perform wound debridement or a wound biopsy.
SoftBiopsy®-V is intended to be used for the histologic sampling of visually apparent wounds at the wound base, or wound-associated lesions in clinical situations where brush-biopsy curettage specimens would be desired in contrast to a deep, single punch biopsy specimen(s) or fluid collection or cytological swab sampling for anatomic, culture, or molecular pathologic testing.
Why Use The SoftBiopsy®-V Device?
- Ease of Use - Moderate pressure to the wound surface for debridement, or press and rotate to collect tissue.
- Designed for a compassionate patient experience and compliance.
- Abundant tissue samples can be collected for lab testing (culture, molecular, anatomic pathology).
- Intuitive design facilitates tactile and efficient, user-control for targeted debridement or biopsy.
- Fabric disk conforms to flat or curved wound surfaces.
Quick Prep, Simple Sample, Easy Clean Up
What is Kylon?
Kylon® is a hooked nylon fabric that can be mounted an applicator stick or digit-sleeve, that when pressed on tissue surfaces, allows the hook tip to contact the target tissues, and with pressure and rotation, a trans-epithelial biopsy is obtained. The procedure of applying, pressing, and rotating a Kylon® covered tapered device into the wound and rotating it to obtain a curettage specimen.